A Cloud Engineer participate in both internal and external projects help realizing the full benefit of their cloud solutions and help them deliver cloud-based workloads. Cloud Engineer help customers navigate the operational and deployment challenges of cloud computing. A Cloud Engineer deploys cloud applications based on IaC (Infrastructure as Code) and DevOps processes and have deep technical knowledge of the various cloud technologies (Networking, IaaS, PaaS, Security).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled
What we offer
- Join us in creating the new major cloud transformation partner in Norway with innovative and legacy free processes and methods
- Competitive salary and bonus package
- Personal training and development budget
- Good pension benefits
- Health insurance w/guaranteed treatment
- Choose your own work equipment
- Work from anywhere. We are currently present in Oslo and Åndalsnes and looking to expand
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and OSS technologies
- Strong foundation in system administration, including performing backups, upgrading and patching, performance tuning, monitoring, alerting, deployments, and disaster recovery.
- Understanding of infrastructure design, including public and private cloud, networking, virtualization, identity, security and storage.
- Experience deploying and managing the infrastructure for databases, such as SQL Server, Oracle, Maria, and Casandra.
- Experience with configuration management and automation technologies such as PowerShell DSC, Chef, ARM Templates, Terraform and Puppet.
- Deep understanding of access management, administration, and application support.
- Solid understanding of modern authentication protocols and cyber security principals.
- Building customer/partner relationships.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships business leaders, creating rich technical documentation, and following industry standards.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts & ensuring follow through.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Analytical and process oriented, with a proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication in either Norwegian or English.
- Active Directory, AngularJS, Ansible, AWS, Azure, Azure Active Directory, Cassandra, CentOS, Chef, Citrix, Confluence, Docker, Amazon EC2, firewalls, Hadoop, Apache Hive, IaaS, Jira, Kafka, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, Oracle, PaaS, PostgreSQL, Puppet, Apache Spark, SQL Server, Apache Tomcat, VMware, WebSphere
- Platforms: Windows, Linux
- 3+ years of implementing and maintaining cloud monitoring systems and monitoring cloud services for errors and issues.
- 5+ years of setting up and deploying large software packages to cloud systems.
- 3+ years migrating on-premises environments to cloud, virtual network deployments, and cloud security implementations using best practices.
- 3+ years of setting up and maintaining hybrid backup and restore systems.
- 5+ years of experience with scripting and DevOps for cloud