An Automation Engineer is responsible for the automation of the development and deployment activities on customer engagements. They must be familiar with DevOps tools such as GitHub, Terraform, Azure ARM Templates, Azure DevOps and many more. The Automation Engineer should have the skills to implement and support the development activities via Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment and Delivery (CD) methods. They are very skilled at setting up rigorous testing mechanisms to ensure high quality automated releases are delivered to the customers.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled
What we offer
- Join us in creating the new major cloud transformation partner in Norway with innovative and legacy free processes and methods
- Competitive salary and bonus package
- Personal training and development budget
- Good pension benefits
- Health insurance w/guaranteed treatment
- Choose your own work equipment
- Work from anywhere. We are currently present in Oslo and Åndalsnes and looking to expand
- Solid understanding of modern DevOps and deployment automation practices.
- Deep understanding of automation, continuous delivery, continuous deployment, and continuous integration methodologies.
- Deep technical experience in scripting and software development.
- Understanding of common database technologies, such as SQL Database/Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- Understanding of software testing and optimization methodologies, including executing performance and regression testing and building test plans and cases.
- Proven track record for continuously deploying software following Agile development practices.
- Process oriented, with a proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts & ensuring follow through.
- Proven track record for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through.
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication in either Norwegian or English.
- Ansible, Apache Maven, ASP.NET, AWS, Azure DevOps, Chef, Confluence, Consul.io, Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, Jira, Kafka, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Microsoft Project, Puppet, Visual Studio
- Platforms: Linux, Windows
- 3+ years of implementing large automation projects, documenting workflow and processes, reliable monitoring implementations, optimizing script performance, and delivering high quality, consistent results.
- 5+ years performing testing, test automation, bug tracking and quality management.
- 5+ years of successful usage of open-source testing tools, large test data sets, agile and sprint-based projects, with an emphasis on quality.